We can focus on many different efforts at South Side over the next two years, but if we don’t have a healthy church we’re sunk. God has continually used the people of South Side Christian Church to do amazing things for his Kingdom and we know He wants to do more. It’s essential that we maintain and grow what God has entrusted to us.
Resources allocated to be BOLD FOR OUR CHURCH will allow us to continue the impact of our regular ministries. Children’s ministry, student ministry, discipleship, and worship ministry all continue as an aspect of this portion of Uncharted. Think of this as the way we’ll fund the typical “General Fund” expenses.
As we begin this Uncharted initiative we have set some discipleship benchmarks to help us spiritually grow as a church.
- TARGETED DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING
- FOR EVERYONE TO BE ABLE TO TELL THE GOSPEL STORY
- ENCOURAGE ONE-ON-ONE DISCIPLE RELATIONSHIPS
We want to unleash the ministry of Jesus EVERY DAY. So we need facilities to train today’s church and to reach today’s city and generation. Within two miles of our church, 14,400 people are not involved in a life of faith. Over half are single, divorced, or widowed. Yet the largest growing group of people are children under 11.
- CREATE BETTER SPACES FOR ONE-ON-ONE MINISTRY AND RELATIONSHIPS
- BETTER UTILIZE THE PRIME GYM SPACE AS A COMMUNITY ROOM
- SECURE THE CHILDREN’S MINISTRY WING TO INCREASE CHILD SAFETY
- IMPROVE RESTROOM LOCATION, CAPACITY, AND ACCESSIBILITY
In addition to our typical financial support of $300,000 to our current mission partners we would like to increase our impact in four additional areas.
- Have an adult mentor for EVERY child in the school
- Provide more personal tutors to help children in specific academic areas
- Provide tools and technology to help augment the child’s experience in the classroom
- Help this new church plant secure a permanent long-term facility
- Help build a new community center/ school to be used for ministry in Nairobi, Kenya
- This additional amount will be distributed among the remaining missions partners to aid in signi cant one-time needs they incur throughout the next two years.
You may have been part of church campaigns in the past where you were asked to give a second gift ‘above and beyond’ your usual gifts to complete special projects. At South Side these have been used to make new buildings and ministries possible. Normally, you gave that gift to the "Building Fund" and you also continued to give o ering to the "General Fund." This type of giving is potentially confusing to people who either don’t have a baseline for their "usual giving" or who aren’t able to really celebrate the total giving they are engaging in at South Side in one single number. We believe that it is all ONE MISSION that we’re on - the mission to guide everyday people into a Christ-following family.
The Uncharted Initiative will last for two years. In those two years, every gift that is given to South Side Christian Church will go to the Uncharted Initiative - to help us be bold for our church, community, and world.